The gastritis diet involves gentle nutrition designed to reduce inflammation of the gastric mucosa. Depending on the acidity of the gastric juice and the stage of the disease, different types of diets are prescribed.
There are general principles of a diet for gastritis:
- Fractional nutrition - you need to eat 5-6 times a day in small portions;
- The temperature of the food is moderate - too hot or too cold food is not allowed;
- Fatty foods are taboo for all types of diets for gastritis of various etiologies;
- Spicy spices and any alcoholic beverages are strictly prohibited;
- Quit smoking.
Diet for chronic gastritis with high acidity
A diet for chronic gastritis with increased secretion is prescribed, first of all, to normalize the acidity of gastric juice and reduce the clinical manifestations of the disease - aching abdominal pain, heartburn, headache.
The diet is dominated by dishes based on boiled vegetables, milk and dairy products, boiled or steamed dishes of meat and fish. Jelly (milk or fruit), oat and rice porridge, whole milk, grated soups have excellent enveloping properties.
The diet for high acidity gastritis prescribes to avoid the following foods:
- Rye bread, muffins and fresh baked goods;
- Sorrel, rhubarb, radish, radish, cabbage, cucumber, unripe green fruits;
- Canned food of all kinds;
- Fermented dairy products;
- Legume groats, pearl barley, barley and millet;
- Fat and muscular meat.
Example of a diet menu for chronic gastritis with high acid production
Option n. 1
- Breakfast: boiled vegetable salad with butter, boiled fish, mashed potatoes, tea, oil;
- Second breakfast: ricotta pudding with apples, carrot juice;
- Lunch: vegetable puree soup, meat soufflé with pasta, compote;
- Afternoon snack: milk, biscuits;
- Dinner: lazy dumplings, tea;
- At night: milk (every day).
Option n. 2
- Breakfast: boiled carrots, sieved with vegetable oil, dietary sausages in natural casing, tea, oil;
- Second breakfast: homemade ricotta, rosehip broth;
- Lunch: soup with oatmeal, boiled chicken fillet, buckwheat porridge, pear compote;
- Afternoon snack: plum jelly;
- Dinner: protein omelette, rice milk porridge, tea.
Option n. 3
- Breakfast: boiled beets seasoned with vegetable oil, steamed meatballs with rice, butter, tea;
- Second breakfast: baked apple with raisins and ricotta;
- Lunch: cabbage soup, boiled meat, grated through a sieve, oatmeal, compote;
- Afternoon snack: milk, croutons;
- Dinner: semolina, tea.
These diet menu options for gastritis are prescribed during clinical remission. The diet with exacerbation of gastritis with high acidity differs in that all dishes are consumed in pure form. Twice a week only small pieces of boiled meat or fish are allowed.
Diet for atrophic gastritis
The main task of the diet for reduced secretion gastritis is to promote the secretion of gastric juice for the complete assimilation of food. Dishes should be steamed or boiled, less often stewed.
A diet for low acid gastritis prohibits the use of foods that cause increased fermentation in the stomach:
- Whole milk;
- Yeast and pastry products;
- Canned food;
- Legumes, cabbage, grapes, radishes, cucumbers, onions and garlic;
- Lard and smoked products.
Diet menu for exacerbation of gastritis with low acidity
In chronic gastritis with reduced secretion during acute exacerbation, you should eat puree in small portions. The diet for atrophic gastritis includes mucous soups of cereals, butter, grated cottage cheese, boiled meat, lean fish, vegetable and fruit puree, viscous cereals with milk, soft-boiled eggs, stale white bread, crackers, rosehip infusion.
A diet for acute gastritis with reduced secretion is used for 3-4 weeks and then replaced with a larger food ration. The diet for gastritis in remission consists of various cereals, steamed meat and fish dishes, cereal soups in meat broth. Pieces of fish, meatballs, fried cutlets without breading are allowed.
Observing a diet for atrophic gastritis, you should eat fermented milk products (especially kefir), cheeses, various cottage cheese dishes (puddings, souffle, casseroles), berry and fruit jelly, mousse.
An example of a diet menu for low secretion gastritis for one day:
- Breakfast: steamed beef meatballs, tea;
- Lunch: pearl barley soup in meat broth, fried cutlets without breading, mashed potatoes, apple jelly;
- Afternoon snack: tea, crackers;
- Dinner: cottage cheese casserole, oatmeal porridge with milk puree, tea;
- For the night: kefir or fruit and berry jelly.
The diet in case of exacerbation of gastritis is complemented by the appointment of fruit and vegetable juices, vitamin complexes.
Diet for erosive gastritis
In the diet for erosive gastritis, soups with a slimy texture come first. They have excellent enveloping properties, which are in dire need of eroded stomach walls. In the diet menu for erosive gastritis, porridge from rice, buckwheat, oatmeal in milk or cream (preferably), with the addition of butter should be present. Steamed meat dishes (cutlets, meatballs), soft-boiled eggs, homemade non-sour cottage cheese, jelly and compotes are mandatory in the diet.
In the diet menu for acute gastritis with erosions it is necessary to introduce liquid mashed potatoes and raw potato juice (once a day). This vegetable has an excellent wound healing effect, and also perfectly relieves pain.
The list of prohibited foods in the diet for gastritis with erosion includes: any canned food, fatty and fried foods, pastries with yeast dough, fresh fruit with a sour taste and juices. In the diet for acute gastritis of the erosive type, there should be no tea (black and green), coffee, fruit juices.